Title: Captain – Director of Training
Captain Gros and his wife Katy, are previous 16-year residents of St. Charles Parish until Hurricane Ida, however they both maintain close friendships with the St. Charles Parish Community.
Captain Gros began his career in law enforcement in 1998, joining the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office in 2006. During his time with the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office, he has served in Patrol, Investigations, the Special Response Team, Honor Guard, and currently in Training.
Education and Training
Captain Gros graduated from Southeastern Louisiana University in 2001 with a bachelor’s degree in criminology and a 2002 graduate of the Louisiana State University POST academy. Captain Gros is a graduate of the National Command and Staff College, Session #009, earning the Distinguished Writer’s Award. Captain Gros has completed the FBI Instructor Development and Adult Learning Method Instructor Development Courses. Captain Gros holds several basic, master, and senior level instructor ratings in Taser, Emergency Vehicle Operations, Tactical Armored Vehicle Operator, Defensive Tactics, Crisis Interventions, Field Training Officer, Firearms Instructor, Use of Force, and Dignitary Protection.
The National Sheriff’s Association
- The Louisiana Sheriff’s Association
- St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #15
- Crisis Intervention International – Louisiana State Point of Contact
- National Tactical Officer’s Association (NTOA)
- Louisiana Tactical Police Officer’s Association (LTPOA)
- Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement
- Louisiana POST Council