The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office new Training Center & Special Services Complex was dedicated on September 22, 2015. The training center, located in Luling, La., is the hub for all training endeavors within the Sheriff’s Office and provides three modern classrooms including a lecture styled auditorium, gymnasium, locker rooms, health center, and office space for the training staff.
ProgramsThe Training Department has hosted a number of programs that provide training in the areas of Report Writing, Court Testimony, Critical Incident Response, Child Death and Victimization, Survival Spanish, Mastery Level Defensive Tactics, Leadership, Court Security, and Instructor Development.
Reserve & Explorer Training AcademiesThe Training Department hosts the St. Charles Parish Reserve Deputy Training Academy and the Law Enforcement Explorer Training Academy, with continuing instruction for both groups throughout the year.
Outside Agency UseSeveral agencies in our region routinely utilize the Training Academy to conduct training. These include:
- Louisiana Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
- Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development Motor Vehicle Police
- U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP)
- National Sheriff’s Association
- Gulf States Regional Center for Public Safety Innovations
- Regional Counterdrug Training Academy