Fleet & Equipment
The Marine Patrol's fleet and miscellaneous equipment include the following:
- 21-foot, 2001 Scully's Aluminum Patrol boat with a 225-horsepower Mercury engine
- This boat is designed as an all-weather patrol and rescue boat with a fully enclosed cabin, air conditioning, generator, side scan sonar, depth finder, radar, and GPS technology as well as all necessary search, rescue, and recovery equipment
- 17-foot Trophy center-console patrol runabout with a 115-horsepower Mercury outboard engine
- Three 17-foot Zodiac inflatable-hull rescue boats powered by 75-horsepower Yamaha four-stroke outboard engines
- 18-foot custom aluminum flatboat with 90-horsepower Yamaha outboard engine
- 16-foot custom aluminum flatboat with a 25-horsepower Johnson outboard engine
- 16-foot Kirk's Mudboat powered by a Subaru engine
- Two small flatboats with one removable outboard engine for use when flood waters rise in parish neighborhoods
- Three four-wheel drive pickup trucks with emergency equipment
- Two Yamaha 600cc Grizzly all-terrain vehicles (on a trailer)
- These vehicles are used for patrolling the Bonnet Carre Spillway, off road search and rescue, and patrolling events such as parades, football games, and festivals
- A fully equipped 27-foot Metalshark patrol vessel with two - 250 horsepower Yamaha engines which allow patrolling the Mississippi River for port security and provides a better capability for search and rescue in rough seas.
- Ten generators, various brands
For more information, please call (985) 783-1145.