The father of three, Captain Yoes and his wife Gail reside in Norco, Louisiana.
Education & Training
Captain Yoes earned his Bachelors of Science in Organizational Leadership from Mountain State University. He also received an Associate of Science in Criminal Justice degree from Nicholls State University and is a graduate of the 196th session of the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
Charles Parish Service
Captain Patrick Yoes joined the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office in October 1984. As commander of the Special Services Department
, Captain Yoes serves as the St. Charles Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer and is responsible for coordinating a number of outreach services.
Special Services is comprised of the community's School Resource Office Program
, DARE Officer Program
, Triad / SALT Council
, Crime Victim Assistance
, Neighborhood Watch
, and various other programs.
Captain Yoes has worked his way through the ranks, first serving as a uniformed patrol deputy, corporal, and sergeant in the Patrol Division
. He was reassigned to the Criminal Investigations Division
, where he served as a detective for five years. When Sheriff Greg Champagne assumed office in 1996, Captain Yoes was tapped to command the newly created Special Services Department.
- Federal Communications Commission Independent Panel - Reviewed the impact of Hurricane Katrina on communications networks
- Grand Lodge Fraternal Order of Police - National secretary
- Law Enforcement Family Readiness Initiative - Delphi Panel member
- Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Administration - Appointed by Governor Bobby Jindal
- Louisiana State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police - State president
- National FBI Academy Associates - Louisiana Chapter
- St. Charles Parish Fraternal Order of Police, Louisiana Lodge #15 - President