Candidates for employment with the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office should expect to complete an in-depth, nine-phase application process. Successful completion of each step is required to move to the next one:
- Prescreen Interview-this is to go over, in person, to discuss the information on your application to make sure that everything is accurate and truthful.
- Departmental interview-interview with panel with the department for which you are applying for.
- Physical Assessment-obstacle course for Enforcement. Non-Enforcement applicants do not have to do the obstacle course.
- Entry Level Computer Base test-basic knowledge test for the position you are applying for. There is study guide you review prior to taking the test. This test is designed for people with no experience.
- Extensive background check-prior employment and personal references
- Psychological Interview-you will have an appointment with a psychologist for this phase.
- Hearing Exam-you will be scheduled to visit an Audiologist to have a base level hearing exam.
- Physical examination-this is done by our in-house medical staff and is required for the pension
Fill out a job application
For more information, please call (985) 783-6625 or Email: email@example.com.